Monday, December 1, 2014

Caramel Candies

Caramel Candies 



Do u remember those sticky Chewy Caramel Candies from your childhood?? Yes, stick Jaws!! :)
I loved and still love them. 

Since I saw this recipe on Internet that these caramel candies can be made at home. I so wanted to try my hands on them. But Corn syrup was one ingredients that I wasn't getting. Last weekend while I went to my baking supplies shopping I finally got hold of corn syrup. And first thing I told hubby was, now you'll soon see some home made caramel Candies.

I tried making them in microwave with very few ingredients. The process was easy little clumsy though, as I dint knew the caramel could leave my  Borosil bowls in bad shape, and microwave trays in even bad condition. But I was at the end so happy to see perfect, chewey, shiney and yummy caramel Candies.

Start to end just 8 minutes of job. Few hours of setting in fridge and that's it...:)

Ingredients
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tbsp finely powdered brown sugar
- 2 tbsp icing Sugar
- 1 tsp of Vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter ( melted) + some for greasing the tray.
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 9 inch baking pan, preferably squared. Lined with aluminium foil with some extra foil on all the 4 edges.

Process
1. Take a big and deep microwave safe bowl. Add corn syrup and butter and mix them.
2. To this add, condensed milk, brown sugar, icing sugar salt and vanilla. Give it a good mix.
3. Now on maximum power, microwave the mix for 1.5 minutes. 
4. Once done, with the help of a whisk stir everything quickly and nicely. Be very careful as this mix will be too hot.
5. Now, again MW the mix for 1.5 minutes and once done stir.
6. Repeat the process 2 more times( total 6 minutes, 1.5 x 4 times)
7. Once done, transfer the caramel into greased baking tray give it a tap 2-3 times so that the air bubbles goes off and it's evenly spread. Please be very cautious while transferring the mix, as it'll be very hot. 
8. Let the caramel come on room temp. The. Pop into fridge for approx. An hour.
9. Cut them in cubes, rectangular candies.

Your yummy stick jaws are ready to enjoy...:) :) 

If you like the recipe for more interesting and vegetarian recipes and eggless baking recipes, please follow us on - https://www.facebook.com/Chapanbhog




 






No comments:

Post a Comment