Thursday, September 18, 2014

Eggless Whole Wheat Carrot Cake

Eggless  Whole Wheat Carrot Cake



Carrot cake is something that I was planning to bake from very long. Today when I planned to bake some tea cake, I thought of fulfilling my bake crave for carrot cake. Today everything was favouring me to do it, I had lots of carrots in my fridge along with other ingredients. And when I told Amit ( hubby) on my wish of making a carrot cake he too was keen on looking at the results, so curiosity increased all the more.

Then another thought came to my my mind of making a whole wheat cake instead of using plain flour/ APF. As my apple cake with whole wheat flour was a super hit thought of trying similar process for carrot cake too. 

So started the cake bake preparation, and to my surprise cake came absolutely gorgeous, super moist and yummy too.

Sharing my experience of an eggless whole wheat cake with all my foodie friends. This is especially for all those mums who wants to give best snack to their kids. This cake is good source of iron, vitamin A, it's naturally sweet and with wholesome dietary fibre too. And, wheat again with whole some fibre and nutrients value adds to the yummy and healthy snacking...:) <3

Ingredients
- 1 cup whole wheat flour ( I used multigrain flour)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil ( I used canola oil)
- 1/2 cup milk ( room tempratured )
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup castor sugar and brown sugar together
- 1 cup washed,pealed and grated carrots
 - 8 inch loaf pan greased with oil and dusted with flour.

Process
1. In a bowl mix oil,milk and sugar together.
2. Beat them together till sugar is dissolved completely.
3. In A separate bowl take flour,baking powder,baking soda and cinnamon powder together.
4. Sieve all the dry ingredients at least twice.
5. Now add vanilla to the oil mix.
6. Once done, add the flour mix to the oil mix and mix everything well to form a nice homogeneous mixture.
7. Now, add carrot to the cake batter and with a silicon spatula mix it well.
* At nth is stage you can add raisins and walnuts if you want.
8. Pour the cake batter in the cake tin. And bake in a pre heated oven at 200 degrees C for 35 minutes or till the tooth pick comes clean.
9. Let the cake cool for a while, remould the cake and slice it.








Your yummy and healthy carrot cake is ready to enjoy with a cup of tea, coffee or just like that...:)








2 comments:

  1. Hi, For how long will this cake stay fresh and safe to consume? Also, how do u store it ?

    ReplyDelete