Thursday, February 5, 2015

Eggless Chocolate Cake Loaded with Nuts

Eggless Chocolate Cake loaded with nuts


With Valentines day around, various baking plans in mind are popping up. With winter evenings and morning I wanted to start my baking with healthy, yummy and very rustic. I have done many chocolate cakes in the past, but this time when I thought of doing a chocolate cake, I wanted do something very rich and classic. 
And , as I mentioned above with winter still knocking our doors, I planned to do something with lots of nuts. I checked my pantry and fortunately had walnuts, cashews, almonds, pecans and Hazelnuts to use. I knew what I was up to...:) :)

I coarsely chopped all the nuts. And, started preparing my cake. To my surprise the cake, came absolutely as I wanted it to be..:)

Any special day or not, this cake is perfect to please your loved ones...:) 

Let's run through the ingredients and process..

Ingredients
- 1 cup plain flour/maida
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 1 cup roughly chopped mixed nuts ( I have used walnuts, pecans, cashews, almonds and hazelnuts)
- 1/4 cup coco powder
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 cup oil ( I used sunflower oil)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp instant coffee powder

Process
1. Take a bowl add oil and icing sugar and mix them really well to form a smooth mixture.
2. To this add condensed milk and mix well wit the help of a whisk.
3. In a separate bowl take a colander and sieve together flour, corn flour, coco,baking powder, baking soda and coffee.
4. Sieve this flour mix at least twice ( as this is an eggless preparation, this will aerate the flour and help rise the cake for perfect texture)
5. Add half of the milk and half of the flour mix to oil mix and beat well. Also add, 3/4 cup of chopped nuts, as we'll keep rest to garnish on top.
6. Add rest of the milk and flour mix and mix well. At this point do not over beat the mixture, just mix all the ingredients well. And, sprinkle remaining nuts on top.
7. Take an 8 inch baking pan, grease from all the sides and sprinkle some flour all over.
8. Pour the cake batter in greased pan and give it nice tap.
9. Bake the cake in a ore heated oven at 180 degrees for 35 minutes or till a tooth pick comes clean.
10. Once done, let the cake cool before you slice..
 Your chocolate nutty  cake is ready...:)

If you like the recipe for more interesting and vegetarian recipes and eggless baking recipes, please follow us on - https://www.facebook.com/Chapanbhog










No comments:

Post a Comment