Friday, February 20, 2015

Eggless Whole Wheat Coconut Cookies with just 5 ingredients

Eggless Whole Wheat Coconut cookies


I believe that 101 is an auspicious number.. :) so to celebrate by 101th post on blog thought of doing something sweet. I wanted to keep it as simple as possible, yet appealing and something that could reach everyone's heart... I started my journey of blogging with my first post being of whole wheat cookies. I also wanted to make this moment of celebrating 1st from 101th post nostalgic...:)
In Bangalore we get awesome dedicates coconut powder. And I found some lying in my pantry from very long. And my family love cookies. So, Voila... I knew what I wanted to whip something quick...:D

I have a habit of collecting the cream that we get after boiling milk on top. I store it in freezer and then when its collected enough, churn it to get some home made butter. I have tried baking cakes with this butter, and the results are super awesome. I also make ghee/ clarified butter from this white butter. So I had collected almost 1.5 kgs. Of this pure no adulterated clarified butter with me..

I though of trying cookies with this home made ghee this time.. And trust me, I got the flakiest, melt in mouth and the most amazing cookies I have made till date...:)

With any further delay I am sharing this super easy recipe with only 5 basic ingredients

Ingredients
- 3/4 cup ghee ( clarified butter)  
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar ( you can add/ reduce sugar as per your taste)
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour ( I have used my regular Ashirwad multigrain atta)
- 1/2 cup dedicated coconut powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder

Process
1. Pre heat the oven at 180 degrees C 
2. Take a big bowl and add ghee and powdered sugar to it 
3. With a big spoon or a hand whisk, combine everything together. And whip them together till a nice ,pale yellow and fluffy mixture is obtained
4. Add flour and baking powder to the sugar mix and mix gently with tips of your fingers.
5. Finally add dedicates coconut powder and mix everything together. Make sure not to knead the dough like you do for chapati dough.
6. Once the dough is ready take small portions of it, and roll it in small balls and place them on baking tray. 
7. Press them. A little with tip of your thumb. And bake I. Pre heated oven for 20 + minutes or till your see a nice golden brown colour on the crust.

Your amazingly delicious coconut cookies are ready. Beware you might want to make them in big batch, as they are not only addictive for you, but I can assure you, your kids will love them too...:) 

For more interesting and vegetarian recipes and eggless baking recipes, please follow us on - https://www.facebook.com/Chapanbhog









3 comments:

  1. Looks crunchy and delicious! Will try it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dough is very soft..and the cookies came out really soft after cooling down also..what can i do to harden them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we use gur instead of sugar.and how much,?

    ReplyDelete