Monday, February 16, 2015

10 Mints. Khatti Meethi Paneer Sabzi/10 Mints. Sweet and sour cottage Cheese curry

10 Mints. Khatti Meethi Paneer Sabzi/10 Mints. Sweet and sour cottage Cheese curry


Do you at time look for a quick fix whether it's your kids tiffin box or hubby's lunch dabba?? Well, I am sure we all,look forward to all those quick fix recipes that are saviours when we run out of time to prepare something detailed. Especially when it comes to kids, we can not even compromise on taste and health factor too. 
One fine day when I opened my fridge in the afternoon to decide what shall I prepare for the lunch, I found that I rarely had any veggies to make anything. My vegetable basket had some tomatoes and the storage tray in fridge had a pack of cottage cheese. Apparently my little champ is not doing well these days, all thanks to the weather. Almost every kids I see around these days is down with cold,and cough..:( 
So, in a situation where my son is not well, he becomes even more crankier and worse eater. So,I had to make something that was easy, quick, yummy, healthy and prepared with what ingredients I had in hand.
So, considering the time constraint ,ingredients shortage and still desiring for an super appetising curry; here I bring you an awesome quick 10 mints sweet and sour panner sabzi.

Let's get started with ingredients and then the process..

Ingredients
- 1 medium sized onion
- 2 medium sized tomatoes
- 200 grams paneer/cottage cheese roughly chopped in cubes
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp. Ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 cup milk ( at room temp)
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp. Garam masala
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. of oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds

Process
1. Add roughly chopped onion and tomatoes I. A mixer/blender jar and make a coarse paste.
2. In a pan, heat oil. Once done add cumin seeds and let it splutter.
3. Now, add ginger garlic paste and sauté for 30 seconds or so. And then add onion tomato purée and cook till tomatoes are cooked nicely.
4. Add, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder and Garam masala. And cook till the mixture leaves fat in the edges of the pan.
5. Once done, add paneer/ cottage cheese cubes along with milk and stir with gentle hands.
6. One it comes to a boil add sugar. Now, cook this till the gravy thickens a little. 

And that's it, your really mildly flavoured yet an awesome paneer Sabzi is ready in no time..:)

For more interesting and vegetarian recipes and eggless baking recipes, please follow us on - https://www.facebook.com/Chapanbhog



No comments:

Post a Comment